Tuesday 23 November 2010

About IT learning

Hi, Dr. Christopher,
Thank you for your comment.  After reading your reflection, I believe that study and play are not incompatible.  Here is an example of myself.  When I was nine, I found that I had learning differenty because I used to mix up with the left and right side of the Chinese words or English spelling.  My parents were very worry about my future and they felt very disappointed.  None of them could help, even the teachers because no one alert my problem until I became a teacher.
I found that some of the students got the same problem with me.  I tried to understand and taught them in another way.  I changed the letters into funny pictures and created stories to tell the meaning for them and it worked.  It inspired me to create some jokes, games and stories teaching in the class, especially to someone in need.  I found that this kind of method was also useful for me.  Therefore, I tried to make fun to learn for myself.  On the other hand, I wanted to know what’s my problem.  So I took some seminas and I know I belong to dyslexia but not serise.  I felt very lucky that I can study in University.  I will try my best to do and learn.  Sometimes I would like to choose tortoise to describe myself.  Although it is slow but never give up.
After taking this IT course, it really opens my eyes and mind.  It is because the new technologies let me entre the 21st century skills and comopetencies.  You are right, it provides use with rich envitonments for simulated learning experiences and situated learning.  I think the digital games would be one of the very effective tools to enhance my students’ learning in writing and speaking.  This morning I tried to introduced my web-site to one of the colleages.  She felt very surprised and she said this idea was very freash , although she is more than fifty.  She also suggested me to put this web-site into the school surfer.  I felt very happy that at least someone can understand and receive the suggestion.  I hope this is the good beginning of IT teaching in English Subject.  

No comments:

Post a Comment